A little of this & a little of that...

I wouldn't trade my life with anyone else, even for a day.

11.28.2005

100 things about Kayte Marie

1. I love the color pink.
2. I used to love the color purple.
3. My room at home is ALL lavender. (Seriously!)
4. My room at school is white, we're not allowed to paint our apartment.
5. I would paint at least one wall of it pink if I could.
6. I squeal really loud when I see a dashaund. (Obnoxiously loud & high pitched and usually scare the living crap out of everyone around me.)

7. I will own at least one dashaund before I'm 30.
8. I also want to be married before I'm 30, but I refuse to settle for just anyone because of this fact.
9. I want my wedding reception to be at the Crystal Garden at Navy Pier or the ballroom below it.

10. I will NEVER be able to afford this because I have to pay for my own wedding, but it will always be a nice (unrealistic) thought.
11. I have to pay for my own wedding because my parents paid for me to go to college.
12. I am more grateful for this than I think they know.
13. I am happy I went to college, even though it has been the most challenging experience of my life.
14. I can't WAIT to be done with college.
15. The future makes me really nervous.
16. So do planes and flying.
17. I am not afraid of commitment though.
18. I love the feeling of being in loved & being loved.
19. The people I love most are my parents & sister.
20. My sister & I call eachother "Pants."
21. It's nice to have an inside joke with her that we won't explain to anyone but our parents.
22. I am obsessed with Christmas.
23. I think it's partially because of the lights, the trees & the snow.
24. I mostly think it's family time.
25. I want to get engaged around Christmas time, I really believe it's the most romantic time of the year.
26. I think the city of Chicago looks the most amazing at Christmas.
27. I used to think it was New York City.
28. I thought this until I realized Chicago was really my home.
29. I want to live on the North Side of Chicago when I graduate.

30. This is about as realistic as my wedding reception at Navy Pier because I will never have the money.
31. I will probably make less than $35,000 for the rest of my life.
32. I don't mind this, I changed my major to help others, not to make money.
33. Changing my major was the second best decision I've ever made in my life. (From Special Education to Youth Adult & Family Services & I just did it this year as a 5th year.)
34. The first best decision I ever made was transferring to Purdue.
35. I don't regret going to Saint Joe's.
36. I did regret how I behaved while I was there.
37. I no longer regret things. I feel that every decision I have made in my life has shaped the person I have become today. Regrets are a waste of time.
38. Worrying as a waste of time too, but I do that. I especially worry about things I can't control. I am fully aware that this is ridiculous.
39. I do a lot of ridiculous things.
40. One of them is not letting my food touch. I go as far as wiping off off my plate or getting a new one before putting something new on it.
41. Another ridiculous thing I do is check all of the closets in my apartment and under my bed before I go to sleep.
42. I do this regardless if my roommate is home or not.
43. I also do this at home where there are 3 other people & a dog aside from myself sleeping.
44. I am obviously kind of neurotic.
45. I have to eat my food either really hot or really cold. So hot that most people can't eat it & so cold that I put my milk in the freezer before I drink it.
46. I pronounce milk with an "E" not the "I"
47. My favorite food is cheese, of any kind.
48. I have random cravings for cottage cheese. My roommate does the same thing, I think that is why we get along so well.
49. I didn't really know my roommate before we moved in together.
50. She is now one of the people I can't live without & is one of my very best friends.
51. I still have 2 of my best friends from before I was ever in highschool.
52. They are Kristen Shelton & Jenny Lounsberry.
53. I'm in Jenny's wedding in June. I can't believe she's getting married. She is my first close girlfriend to do so.
54. I've never stood up in a wedding... the thought kind of makes me nervous even though I know everyone will be looking at the gorgeous Jennifer & Robbie. They are so attractive, they're going to have beautiful children.
55. I want 2 kids or 4 kids. No odd numbers. I want to be a stay at home mom eventually.
56. I like the names Faith & Noah. I really like the name London but my mom has told me she refuses to have a granddaughter with the name of a city.
57. I love the smell of clean laundry.

58. I love the smell of vanilla bean noel from bath & body works, ralph lauren - romance, and I still love the smell of curve for women. I own all three but will only use vanilla bean noel in the fall and winter. (I told you I was neurotic)
59. I also secretly love the smell of garlic.
60. I put garlic in every meal I cook for dinner. If I ever encounter any vampires I know that they will run.
61. If I could I would add cheese to everything too, especially fresh grated parm.
62. My little sister gave me a cheese grater for my birthday (amongst a lot of other things.) I think it's one of the coolest things I own.
63. I could eat Mexcian food pretty much everyday.
64, I do eat it a lot but everytime I go to a restaurant I can never decide what to order.
65. Once on a date in highschool, I was so indecisive about what to order, I got so pressured & on the spur of the moment I ordered the fried fish dinner at Bennigan's.
66. I hate fish but ate it anyways so I didn't look stupid.
67. I love shellfish though.
68. The best cookout I have ever been to was a fish boil this summer, we had crab legs, lobster and shrimp. We made it all ourselves & drank Pino Grigio.
69. My favorite wine is Santa Margarita Pino Grigio.
70. Again, something I can't afford that often but at times I do spoil myself and buy it anyways.
71. My favoite beer is Guinness.
72. My favorite light beer is Miller Lite.
73. I'll drink almost any beer if it's cheap & any beer if it's free.
74. I am friends or on good terms with almost every guy I've ever dated.
75. My sister does the same thing, it makes me proud.
76. My sister often makes me proud..

77. She's one of the 3 people I admire most.
78. The other two people I admire most are my Mom & Dad.

79. I admire my mom because she keeps our house & family together. She was an only child & has no family left, including her parents. She is really strong. I am a lot like her & I find it to be a compliment when people tell me this.

80. I admire my dad for opening up his own business & for his dedication to hard work. He is the hardest working person I think I have ever met. He has made a lot of sacrifices to give us things he never had. I hope that my future husband is like him in that way.

81. Once, my junior year in highschool, we all went to Hawaii.
82. I want to go back, and with my family. Then I would like to go again with the family I start someday, or at least with my husband the first time.
83. After Hawaii, I refuse to eat canned pineapple because I ate fresh pineapple everyday while I was there.
84. I also refused to eat any kind of frozen veggies except peas & any other kind of canned fruit for that matter.
85. I am fully aware of the fact that this makes me sound like a spoiled rotten, picky brat.
86. The truth is I am spoiled rotten & rather picky.
87. I think being picky is just a sign that I really know what I want.
88. I do know what I want but a lot of times I'll let other people get what they want instead if it will make them happy.
89. I really like to make others happy even it it means that I'm not.
90. I consider this to be a positive characteristic as well as a flaw.
91. I love the Chicago Cubs & Chicacgo Bears

92. I hate the White Sox, Colts & Green Bay Packers.
93. I have been to as many Sox games if not more than Cubs games.
94. I work for a former Green Bay player, Jared Tomich. He is a teddy bear but still makes me so nervous. He didn't make me nervous until I found out who he was.
95. I work at Zuni's in Highland, Indiana.
96. I am a damn good waitress.
97. It's one of the few things I give myself credit for being really good at.
98. I don't give myself credit for much.
99. I would like to become a better writer.
100. One of the reasons for this journal is to help me do that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sambo V. said...

Kayte, your 100 list was really fun to read and I really enjoyed it!!! I love that you have such a love for cheese, so does my sister Ryan. You're a great writer and I loved reading about your life. :)

Inside jokes/nicknames are very, very cool.

9:26 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

This list is awesome! I am also a picky eater and want to be a stay-at-home mom someday (at least while they're young). But do you really put garlic in everything? :)

8:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home