A little of this & a little of that...

I wouldn't trade my life with anyone else, even for a day.

11.29.2005

What a good cup of coffee can do.

I can't say I have ever really felt completely, utterly inspired to write. Usually I think, I need something therapeutic I should write or I haven't updated in a few days, I should write. I just wrote my 100 things list last night so I know I don't need to update. Also, I am feeling okay today so it's not that I need something therapeutic to see me through the rest of the day. I had a sip of coffee and all of a sudden I needed to write. I was basically inspired to write about the sip that I had just taken, what an odd feeling.

I woke up this morning and made my first pot of coffee of this year. I have tried to let go of this gripping caffeine addiction since the beginning of this summer. I was even doing well, (as in I didn't have to have it everyday, more than once a day, well) until I went to Arkansas with my mom this past fall break. I had gotten to the point at the end of last year where if I didn't have caffeine my head would pound & I would be all out of sorts. After Arkansas all of my hard work went down the drain -- I was once again an addict. I have been told before that if I'm going to be addicted to something I shouldn't have such a worthless addiction, however, I have just decided this addiction is far from worthless. The smell of fresh coffee reminds me of my grandparents house & cottage, it was with them that I had my first cup of black coffee. (Which most of the time is how I still take mine.) The aroma reminds me of Saturday afternoons & Sunday mornings at home & sitting around after dinner with friends and family. For me, half of the appeal of coffee is its nostalgic value. To me right now there is nothing more perfect than each sip that I am taking as I am writing this. I have my tinkerbell coffee mug - which I love because it portrays all of her personalities and at times I feel a lot like her. Happy, sad, mad, laughing and of course bratty all at once. I am all toasty warm inside drinking my coffee while the wind is blowing and it's 36° outside and I really can't think of a more perfect way to start today.


Love, Me


*Faith Trust & Pixiedust*

3 Comments:

Blogger Sambo V. said...

I love your description of what coffee means to you! My coffee breaks have many memories connected to them. ;)

10:45 PM  
Blogger Sambo V. said...

I love your description of what coffee means to you! My coffee breaks have many memories connected to them. ;)

10:45 PM  
Blogger Frema said...

Sounds like a pretty meaningful addiction to me. :)

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home